Philip J. Kinsler, Ph.D,. is a clinical and forensic psychologist, a
professor of Psychology and Psychiatry, and a teacher/ trainer of
- Dr. Kinsler is Adjunct Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at
Dartmouth Medical School, where he supervises psychiatry
residents' diagnostic and therapy work.
- Dr. Kinsler is an experienced expert witness and testifies
broadly on criminal, civil, and family court matters.
- Dr. Kinsler is extensively published in the fields of
psychological trauma, suggestibility in interviews of children
and adults, relational psychotherapy of trauma survivors, and
ethical forensic practice.
- He is a former Chair of the New Hampshire Board of
Mental Health Practice and a Past President of the New
Hampshire Psychological Association.
For further background information, please visit my Curriculum Vita.
For Business Practices please see Forensic Services Agreement.
- Competency to stand trial.
- Not guilty by reason of insanity.
- Mental State at time of event/diminished capacity.
- Family forensic evaluations.
- Jury selection/Litigation consultation.
- Civil court matters.
- Psychic harm due to accidents.
- Sexual harassment.
- Unfair employment practices.
- Disability determinations/worker's compensation.
- Psychological effects of physical injury.
Training and Consultation
- Relational psychotherapy of trauma.
- Supervision/consultation to other professionals.
- Ethical practice with trauma patients.
- Interviews of children-suggestibility and autobiographical
- Surviving and thriving in the courtroom.
- Handling cross-examination.
- Serving the developmentally disabled in the legal system.
About Dr. Kinsler
Philip J. Kinsler, Ph.D., P.C.
Clinical & Forensic Psychology
|161 River Road
Lyme NH 03768
|Teacher of the Year
Dartmouth Medical School
Department of Psychiatry
2006 & 2011